Friday, February 10, 2012

February 8, 2012: Lamb Pizza

Hello again internet world!

I apologize for my lengthy hiatus from this blog. Unfortunately, this does not mean that the food has gotten good by any means at all. As with last semester, we've had good days and we've had awful days, with a tendency to err on the "awful" side of things.

Also, Wayne State appears to have renewed their contract with AVI, meaning 5 more years of sub-par food. Great.

However, it would appear that Hall Council is talking with AVI in regards to bettering their food to make it edible again (Right, Doug?), so stay tuned for more information on that. I've also found a link to the phone numbers of the AVI Wayne State directors, and I'm planning to save that until the situation gets truly dire.

On a happier note, the lamb pizza on Wednesday actually made me exclaim, "Wow, this is great!" as opposed to my standard "Wow, this is edible!" or "Wow I can't believe they thought this was fit for human consumption."
It was even enough to make me push aside (in excitement, of course) my oddly-spicy "Cordon Bleu Roulade" or whatever it was called.

The carnage.

2 comments:

  1. ummmmmm what are your credentials in the art of critical food analysis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question, Anonymous. I'm glad you asked. While I do not hold a culinary degree, I:
      1. Enjoy being critical
      and
      2. Enjoy good food.

      Also, I have approximately 10,000 fully functioning taste buds prepared for tasting things that are bitter, salty, sweet, and umami. In the case of AVI "Fresh", the majority of buds brought into play are of the salty variety.

      Delete